MCA has extended the time period upto 31st December, 2020 during which the companies can deal with the following matters in a meeting held through video conferencing or other audio visual means:
- The approval of the annual financial statements;
- The approval of the Board’s report;
- The approval of the prospectus;
- The Audit Committee Meetings for consideration of financial statement including consolidated financial statement if any, to be approved by the board under sub-section (1) of section 134 of the Act; and
- The approval of the matter relating to amalgamation, merger, demerger, acquisition and takeover.
The said Notification can be accessed through the following link: MCA_Notif_GSR.590(E)_28.09.2020_Co(Meetings of Board & its Powers) 3rd Amendment Rules, 2020