SEBI on Friday came out with a Circular requiring Issuer/RTAs/Depositories to maintain a Database of the distinctive number of Issued Capital of Listed Companies (Physical & Demat Share) and also to reconcile the same as and when there is any mismatch in the database.
The database shall include the following information –
- Distinctive Numbers (From)
- Distinctive Numbers (To)
- Number of Equity shares
- Name of stock exchange
- Date of in-principle listing approval
- Date of final trading approval / dealing permission
- Trading start date
- Date of allotment and date of issue (date of credit to BO account)
- ISIN along with name of company
- Nature of ISIN [Temporary (Frozen) or Permanent (Active)]
Issuers/RTAs are required to take necessary steps to update the DN database. If case of mismatch with the data provided / updated by the Stock Exchanges, the Issuer/RTA to take steps to match the records and update the same latest by December 31, 2015.
The detailed circular can be accessed at the following link: SEBI Circular dated 05.06.2015 for Data base of Distinctive Number of Shares.