MCA General Circular No. 02/2017 on Thursday, 20th April, 2017 issued clarification in connection with prior circular dt. 05.12.2016 which stated that transfer of amounts to IEPF through challans generated on MCA21 portal only and also challans not generated on MCA21 portal will not be accepted after 15.12.2016. However, it has been noticed that companies which have transferred the amount to IEPF prior to 15.12.2016, through challans not generated on MCA21 portal, are not able to file For IEPF-1.
Thus, to facilitate the filing by such companies following has been suggested:
- Company is required to submit details of challans to IEPF Authority on email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The copy of challans & certificate for authentication of details submitted are to be obtained from practicing professionals viz. CA/CS/CMA
- The above will be accepted upto 20th May 2017 only
- The submitted data will be processed by IEPF Authority and front office service will be made available on IEPF Portal from 5th June 2017 upto 5th July 2017 to enable the companies to submit required data online.
- MCA21 will provide with an SRN on validation of entries which may be used for filing Form IEPF-1.
The said circular can be accessed at the following link: MCA CircularNo02-2017_20.04.2017_Challans_OfflinePayment_IEPF